Tripwire Presents and Torn Banner Studios Start the New Year with The Raid of Aberfell and Continued Commitment to Doubling the Size and Scope of Chivalry 2
ROSWELL, Ga. – Feb. 15, 2022 – Developer Torn Banner Studios, publisher Tripwire Presents, and global retail publishing partner Deep Silver are excited to announce that the Chivalry 2: House Aberfell update launches today on PC (via Epic Games Store), the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®5 computer entertainment systems, the Xbox One family of devices, and the Xbox Series X|S console systems. Today’s launch follows strong praise from critics, including awards for Best Multiplayer Game of 2021 from PC Gamer and Windows Central, one of the Top Games of the Year from ComicBook.com, and many more accolades and nominations. Featuring the introduction of The Raid of Aberfell, a brand-new, 64-player Team Objective map that finds attacking and defending teams at the frontlines of battle over a sprawling map, the House Aberfell update is one of the largest yet for Chivalry 2 –and remains part of developer Torn Banner Studios’ commitment to its community to double the size and scope of the gamefollowing its initial launch.
“On behalf of everyone at Torn Banner Studios, I’d like to thank the Chivalry 2 player base,” said Torn Banner Studios CEO & Creative Director Steve Piggott. “We are blown away by the positive reception since launch and Chivalry 2 would not be regarded as one of the best multiplayer games of 2021 without your support. Since our 2021 launch, we’ve added new 64-player Team Objective maps, Arena and Brawl modes, and so much more. This is still the beginning and Torn Banner Studios remains committed to continue increasing the size and scope of Chivalry 2 this year.”
To celebrate today’s House Aberfell release, the game will be on sale for 33% off on the Epic Games Store for 24-hours! PlayStation and Xbox customers should keep a close eye on the official Chivalry 2 social pages for upcoming news on imminent console sales discounts!
Chivalry 2: House Aberfell updatekey features include:
- The Raid on Aberfell: Experience the ultimate medieval battlefield and the chaos of combat in this large-scale 64-player Team Objective map that finds the Agatha Knights invading the birth land of the Mason Order’s King Malric. Attacking players are charged with sacking the village, destroying the Mason Order’s towering obelisks, and purging the heretical Druids from the land as defending players fight back every step of the way.
- New Playable Character – Druids: The Raid of Aberfell map features playable Druids charged with defending the Mason Order’s ancient stones. Armed with powerful staff melee weapons, the top scoring players will be granted control of the Druids as the Order’s last line of defense against the Agatha offensive. Druids appear with a variety of new helmets, including the Goat, Wild Pig, Deer, and Eagle.
- New Gameplay – Hog Hoarding: As part of the sacking of the village of Aberfell, attacking players will join forces to… steal pigs! Capture livestock and peasants by carrying them on your shoulder to deny Mason Order’s access to food and labor.
- New Gameplay – Bees: For the first time in the history of the Chivalry franchise, players can look forward to the introduction of weaponized bees. While exploring the new Raid on Aberfell Team Objective map, be sure to keep an eye out for oversized beehives. Players looking to create some buzz can pick-up these bee bombs and throw them at enemies, unleashing a swarm of stinging insects that cause area of effect damage.
- New Weapons – Highland Sword: The Highland Sword is a massive, unwieldy beast of a blade that will butcher foes and send others running for the hills. Complete with new animations, weapon values, and special attack, the Highland Sword for the Vanguard class can be further customized with new Giant Claymore and Executioner sword skins.
- New Armory Items: In addition, players can look forward to a wide array of new cosmetics in the Armory, including the Agatha Gallowglass Armor and Mason Clan Armor, War Club – Shepherd Staff skin, Falchion – Chopper skin, Messer – Dacian Sword skin, Great Sword – Claymore skin, 10 new Face paints, and more!
Chivalry 2 is a multiplayer first-person slasher inspired by epic medieval movie battles. Players are thrust into the action of every iconic moment of the era from clashing swords and storms of flaming arrows to sprawling castle sieges, and more. Dominate massive battlefields while catapults tear the earth apart as players lay siege to castles, set fire to villages, and slaughter filthy peasants in the return of Team Objective maps.
Improving on the original genre-defining Chivalry: Medieval Warfare in every way, Chivalry 2 invites players to master the blade with an all-new and improved combat system that combines real-time strikes and a free-flowing combo system to speed up the action and let players become a whirlwind of steel on the battlefield. Created with the ability to fight multiple foes in mind, Chivalry 2’s combat mixes the best of both FPS and fighting game genres for an unmatched melee experience.
Chivalry 2 has an MSRP of $39.99 / €39.99 / £34.99 MSRP for the Standard Edition or $49.99 / €49.99 / £44.99 for the Special Edition, with an ESRB rating of M for Mature and a PEGI 18 rating. To stay up to date on the latest Chivalry 2 news, please sign up for the newsletter on the official website, follow Tripwire Presents, join the official Chivalry 2 Discord server, and follow the developers on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.