Weather the storm of an eternal winter in this beautiful tactical roguelike coming in Winter 2022
London, UK – 11 May 2022. Chucklefish today announced its upcoming deck-building adventure Wildfrost is coming to PC and Nintendo Switch in Winter 2022.
Check out the first gameplay of Wildfrost in the announcement trailer here:
In Wildfrost players will build a deck of charming companions and powerful elemental items in an attempt to take back a world that has fallen to the Wildfrost. Only the small civilisation of Snowdwell and the remaining survivors are left as the final stronghold against an eternal winter. Use strategy and card building skills to reach the Sun Temple and banish the Wildfrost once and for all!
Throughout the game, players will have the chance to recruit new card companions and gift them charms to enhance their powers, giving players the upper edge in battles. Return to Snowdwell after each run and rebuild the town, unlock more cards, and encounter new challenges and events for an adventure that has endless replayability.
- A perfect mix of deckbuilding and adventure, Wildfrost lets you test your card battling skills as you fight to banish an eternal winter.
- Pick your ‘Leader’ from a variety of different tribes that offer randomised stats and skills.
- Utilise the ‘counter’ dynamic system to gain the upper hand against foes and frosty monsters!
- Each encounter will offer new cards and a new way to tackle each battle. The way you strategise each fight is up to you!
- Endless replayability with new daily challenges and runs.
Wildfrost will release in English, Japanese, Korean, Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese in Winter 2022 for PC and Nintendo Switch.“Wildfrost is such a fun take on the deckbuilding genre, combining challenging strategic roguelike gameplay with an incredibly cute aesthetic! You can’t ever truly be mad when an army of deceptively cute Pengoons stops you in your tracks.” Says Katy Ellis, Marketing & Publishing Director at Chucklefish. “We’re thrilled to be able to announce initial localisation plans for Wildfrost too. It’s always a joy to see people from all over the world play our games, and we hope to expand the language list ahead of launch even further. We’ll be keeping a close eye on the Steam wishlist data to see which languages the community are most interested in!”