Black Matter’s brutally realistic online strategic squad shooter arrives on console following its initial summer assault on PC.
Tuesday, 5th October 2021 – Team17 and Black Matter have today unleashed the horrors of World War II on console with the launch of Hell Let Loose on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. Available to PlayStation Plus members for free during October, Hell Let Loose is an online strategic squad shooter that brings a sobering and brutally authentic portrayal of front-line World War II warfare to the new current generation of console platforms for the very first time. In addition to crossplay between the console platforms, Hell Let Loose on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 4 runs in 4K resolution (1080p on Xbox Series S) and 60 frames per second across all consoles.
Hell Let Loose features relentless 50 vs. 50 gameplay set across 10 maps that authentically depict some of the most important and notorious battles on the Western Front of the war, including Utah and Omaha beaches, Carentan, and Foy. Fourteen roles are available to choose from, including sniper, tank crewman, and engineer, with each side’s strategy developed and managed by an overarching Commander via squad officers.
The battlelines have been drawn; experience Hell Let Loose: https://youtu.be/oR_Nx9fxFc0
Hell Let Loose is available on Xbox Series X|S and for non-PlayStation Plus members for $39.99/ €39.99/£34.99, with a physical release on both platforms following on 2nd November for the same price. Also launching today for both Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 is the Iron Vanguard downloadable content, which provides additional cosmetic items including The “Hell on Wheels” jacket for US tank crew and “Rolled Sleeves” for All German rolesfor $4.99/€4.99/£3.99. This winter will see the introduction to console of the Eastern Front, a free update that includes the infamous battlefields of Kursk and Stalingrad, as well as Soviet forces.
Today’s console launch follows the game’s full release onto Steam in July; as part of today’s console release Hell Let Loose is available to buy on Steam at a 25% discount – reduced to $29.99/€29.99/£26.24 – until 11th October.
Hell Let Loose features:
- The brutality of the War in Europe: Hell Let Loose portrays the battles of World War II’s Western Front across two distinct modes, Offensive and Warfare.
- Authentic strategic gameplay: Each side is broken down into armour, infantry, and recon, led by officers with a direct line to an overall player-commander directing the flow of the game.
- Unique metagame: Extended battles entrench participants in the tidal-like motion of the frontline that builds up Hell Let Loose’s real-time strategy inspired metagame.
- Playing a Part: Fourteen roles are available for players to experience, from engineers and snipers, commanders and tank crewmen, medics and support; all play a part in the war effort.
- Enhanced haptic feedback: Hell Let Loose on PlayStation 5 includes immersive DualSense haptic support per weapon; adaptive triggers support when driving or shooting, and DualSense Audio feedback via the controller’s speaker.