Tripwire Interactive Starts Halloween Early with New Map, Weekly Game Modes, Weapons, and More!
ROSWELL, Ga. – October 5th, 2021 – Developer and publisher Tripwire Interactive is starting Halloween celebrations early with today’s launch of the Killing Floor 2: Day of the Zed Halloween update. Out now for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X, and PC via Steam or the Epic Games Store, today’s free update for the first-person shooter, co-op action title brings a cornucopia of spooky new content for players to sink their teeth into, including the new Netherhold map, weekly game modes Wild West London and Abandon All Hope, weapons, cosmetics, and the return Halloween-themed Zed variants!
To celebrate today’s Day of the Zed update, Killing Floor 2 will be on sale across all platforms in various Halloween promotions later in October. Be sure and follow Tripwire on social media for all of the latest sales information!
Killing Floor 2: Day of the Zed Update Highlights:
New Featured Community Map: Netherhold
- This dark and gloomy Killing Floor 2 custom map drips sinister atmosphere and style that’s perfect for the spooky season, while featuring many hidden areas and secret rooms. In addition, players can unlock a Unique Seasonal Reward for completing the five new Netherhold objectives.
- Supported Modes: Survival, Weekly, and Endless
New Weekly Game Modes
- Wild West London: This rootin’ tootin’ mode is for Gunslingers only with cowboy hats for EVERYONE. Weapons are limited to revolvers and lever actions and everything will look properly old-timey with a special sepia filter designed for this new mode.
- Abandon All Hope: Take on the ultimate Killing Floor 2 challenge with Maximum Difficulty Mode, which is even more difficult than “Hell on Earth.” To make things more interesting, Spawn Rate has been pushed to Max, Spawn Pools of Heavies are increased substantially, and Health and Damage output of enemies pushed beyond “Hell on Earth” levels. Players tough enough to complete Abandon All Hope will be rewarded with a special Kriss Elite Skin.
- Piranha Pistol(s) for Gunslinger / Berserker classes
- Corrupter Carbine for Field Medic / Sharpshooter classes
- HRG Disrupter for Gunslinger class
- HRG Tommy Boom for Demolitionist class
In Killing Floor 2, players descend into continental Europe where the outbreak caused by Horzine Biotech’s failed experiment has quickly spread and gained unstoppable momentum, essentially paralyzing the European Union— Just one month after the events in the original KILLING FLOOR, the specimen clones are everywhere and civilization is in disarray; communications have failed, governments have collapsed, and military forces have been systematically eradicated. The people of Europe know survival and self-preservation too well and lucky survivors have gone into hiding.
Not all have given up hope though… A group of civilians and mercenaries have banded together to combat the outbreak and established privately funded operation bases across Europe. Upon tracking specimen clone outbreaks, players will descend into zed-laden hot zones and exterminate them.
Killing Floor 2 has an MSRP of $29.99 / €29.99 / £24.99, and is developed and published by Tripwire Interactive and is published at retail by Deep Silver and Iceberg Interactive for the Xbox One, Xbox One X, PlayStation®4 Pro, PlayStation®4, and PC. This title has been rated M by the ESRB, PEGI 18, USK 18.
Stay up-to-date with the latest Killing Floor 2 news and information on the official website. You can also keep track of Tripwire Interactive by visiting the official website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.